Monday, March 14, 2011

Week Two

I was happy to get on the scale this morning and see another 1 1/2 pounds gone. I was a little worried because my eating was not as great this past week. I did walk 9 miles though so I'm sure that was helpful to the cause of calories in and calories burned! I am hoping to walk 15 miles this week. It's amazing how wonderful it feels to be out and about walking! I so enjoy the sun and the blue skies.

My rules are working so far which I'm excited about! My Bible is being read along with a devotional by Charles Spurgeon called Morning and Evening: Daily Devotional. Along with my Bible being read my laundry isn't piling up! What a relief that is! The verse that has really stood out to be thus far is Proverbs 14:29, "A patient man has great understanding, but a quick-tempered man displays folly."

The verse is really reflective to me as a mom and wife. When I'm impatient with my kids or husband a lot of times I end up feeling foolish and wishing I could take back my words. My prayer for myself is that I will learn to be patient and to reflect on the situation before opening my mouth. It's amazingly hard to do that when I've been hearing whining for minutes on end and want to pull my hair out. But I hope if I pray in that moment and ask for wisdom that I will be wise instead of foolish.

No comments:

Post a Comment