Monday, March 7, 2011

One Week

I am excited to report that cutting out most of my sugary snacks, "white" carbohydrates (my daily bagel) and trimming down in the amount of cheese I consume resulted in a 3 pound weight loss! On the one hand, I'm excited and happy to see results, on the other hand it's like breaking off the tiny tip of an iceberg. Maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration since I don't have 100s of pounds to lose but it still feels daunting to know I haven't been in my healthy BMI weight since my early/mid 20s and to get back there is going to be work!!

Thankfully I'm nursing, which on a selfish side results in a burn of 500 calories a day! I'm walking which is also burning some additional calories and I'm eating better. In 2 weeks it all becomes habit right? Breaking of the old and bringing in the new? It is raining today but I'm hoping it will be clear enough to walk to go pick up my son. I don't want to start this week by NOT walking!

On another note, I made homemade granola bars yesterday using this recipe. I am happy to report they are yummy and my kids will eat them! It dawned on me last week that my kids eat a lot more processed crap than I ever did. It wasn't something I was intentionally doing (feeding them a lot of processed foods) but when I really thought about what they were eating it added up quickly. This was my beginning in figuring out how to make at home some of the stuff they consume and just switch it out. This coming weekend I'm going to try making homemade peanut butter and I'm hoping they will like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment